Executive coaching & development
Coaching is the most powerful management tool your organisation can acquire
With one of the highest returns on investment – some studies report 800% – it’s not surprising that once your managers start coaching, you can expect breakthrough results for your entire organisation.
Unfortunately the majority of us are hardwired into believing that management means telling people what to do… after all, it’s how most of us have been brought up. Yet research demonstrates that the most effective leaders and managers are those who ‘coach’ rather than ‘tell’. This means encouraging people to work things out for themselves and find their own answers through skilfully crafted questions. Allowing people to wire new ‘maps’ into their own brain unleashes their true potential, capabilities and performance.
Management is the art of getting results through the efforts of others. To achieve this, effective managers must have the communication skills to influence and persuade their people and, as they develop, adopt an increasingly ‘hands off’ delegating management style.
‘You cannot teach a person anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves.’ ~ Galileo
As soon as you leave the training room you’ll have the hands-on experience to put your new coaching skills to good use. This is a highly practical module that takes delegates to new levels of clarity and insight into what makes a great coach. You will learn how to use those skills effectively to get the best out of co-workers and external stakeholders alike.
- Reduce blame and fear in the workplace to create a fertile environment that encourages best efforts, creative thinking and problem solving
- Generate confidence and self belief in your workforce; instilling a desire to succeed and push boundaries
- Coach your people and hold them accountable to deliver the goods
- Give others ownership for their results, allowing them to learn from their own mistakes
- Demand people’s best efforts – and celebrate their success
Use sophisticated technology to identify traits that differentiate high performers from average. Coach individuals in the behaviours that are more productive.
Leadership assessments – sample reports
What our clients say
Put your growth mindset to work!
The latest coaching techniques mean you CAN cultivate growth mindsets throughout your organisation to unlock barriers and develop an ethos that brings happiness, fulfilment and performance. Research shows that managers with a growth mindset get twice the productivity out of their staff, compared with their fixed mindset colleagues.
Coaching will provide:
- A formal process for achieving your goals and priorities in a structured and inspiring fashion
- A method to generate and act on insight to overcome “impasses” or obstacles
- Ways to deal with stress – to maintain balance, perspective, health and well-being
- Techniques for emotional regulation and when dealing with setbacks, conflict and ‘difficult’ personalities
- How to have ‘difficult conversations’ e.g. about performance issues in a positive and solution-focused way
- A sustained growth mindset attitude throughout your organisation